Lavisse Smith is the Founder and Principal of the Urban Knight Group a real estate and business brokerage company in Naperville, Illinois dedicated to helping clients profit through the acquisition and disposition of their real estate and business concern.
As the former leader of Converse’s Midwest promotional and in-store marketing division – Lavisse worked directly with the nation’s most recognized professional athletes and college coaches to expand regional brand share and recognition for Converse and its associated endorsees.
He subsequently led Jostens Championship Division nationally – establishing marketing programs for the American Football Coaches Association, American Hockey Coaches Association, National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, Women’s Basketball Coaches Association and the Mid-America and Big 10 Conference; similarly managing and advising the high-profile athletes, coaches, business leaders, and entertainment celebrities affiliated with the brand.
Feature clients of Lavisse include:
- Trace Armstrong – Chicago Bears
- Roy Williams – University of North Carolina
- Tubby Smith – University of Kentucky
- Doug Collins – Chicago Bulls
- Mack Brown – University of Texas
- Andre Dawson – Chicago Cubs
- Will Perdue – Chicago Bulls
- John Paxson – Chicago Bulls
- Gary Gaetti – Minnesota Twins
- Isaiah (J.R) Rider – Minnesota Timberwolves
- Joe Tiller – Purdue University
- Tom Izzo – Michigan State University
- Mark Dantonio – Michigan State University
- John Beilein – University of Michigan
He has been involved in local sports serving as the Head basketball coach for Vincentian College Preparatory, an Assistant Girls basketball coach for Downers North High School. He also was the Founding State Executive Director for the National Youth Sports Coaches Association of Pennsylvania. A local celebrity in his own right, Lavisse has been Inducted into the Chicago Public League Basketball Coach’s Hall of Fame and the State of Illinois Basketball Coach’s Hall of Fame.